Free UK Delivery
Daucus Carota – Wild Carrot Seeds
£2.99 – £90.00
- Daucus Carota Seeds: The Wild Carrot That’s Good for Your Health
- Daucus Carota Seeds: The Plant That Attracts Beneficial Insects
- Daucus Carota Seeds: The Easy-to-Grow Plant That’s Good for the Environment
- Daucus Carota Seeds: The Edible Plant That’s a Thriving Addition to Any Garden
- Daucus Carota Seeds: The Beautiful and Beneficial Plant That’s Good for Everyone
- Daucus Carota Seeds: The Perfect Plant for Your Sustainable Garden
- 10g for £2.99
- 50g for £8
- 100g for £18
- 500g for £65
- 1kg for £90
Add a touch of beauty and ecological importance to your garden with Wild Carrot seeds!
Wild Carrot, also known as Daucus carota, is a beautiful and beneficial plant that is native to Europe and Asia. It is the ancestor of the garden carrot that we know and love today. Wild Carrot plants have white umbel flowers that bloom from May to late summer, attracting a diverse range of insects, including bees, butterflies, and moths. This makes them a valuable addition to any garden that is looking to support pollinators and local wildlife.
Wild Carrot plant in a garden
Here are some of the key features of Wild Carrot seeds:
- Ecological oasis: The white umbel flowers of the Wild Carrot attract a diverse range of insects, contributing to local biodiversity and supporting pollinators.
- Connection to garden carrots: Did you know that the Wild Carrot is the ancestor of the garden carrot commonly found in supermarkets? This wild plant shares botanical ties with flavorful herbs like anise, dill, and cumin.
- Habitat and spread: Native to Central Europe and now also found in North Africa and parts of Asia, the Wild Carrot flourishes in various environments, including meadows, pastures, and along roadsides.
- Caterpillar haven: The feathery leaves of the Wild Carrot serve as crucial nourishment for caterpillars, providing sustenance and a place for them to transform into butterflies.
- Distinctive traits: Recognizable by its hairy stems and leaves, the Wild Carrot produces intricate, double umbel flowers that serve as a paradise of blossoms for insects.
- Insect interaction: The Wild Carrot’s distinctive structure, including a dark-colored central flower amidst pale petals, tricks insects into believing it offers valuable resources.
Here are some of the benefits of growing Wild Carrot seeds:
- Pollinator attraction: The Wild Carrot is a magnet for various insects, such as wild bees, wasps, flies, and beetles, offering them nourishment from spring to late summer, critical for winter preparation.
- Caterpillar support: Caterpillars, like those of the Swallowtail butterfly, depend on the Wild Carrot’s feathery stems for pupation.
- Low maintenance: Resilient against diseases and pests, the Wild Carrot requires minimal care. Ensure the soil remains moist but not waterlogged.
Here are some tips for growing Wild Carrot seeds:
- Ideal conditions: Thriving in sunny, dry, and warm locations with well-draining, nutrient-rich soil, the Wild Carrot is well-suited for both spring (March-April) and fall (September-November) planting.
- Cold germination: As a cold-germinating plant, the seeds of the Wild Carrot sprout best at lower temperatures.
- Thinning: Thin the seedlings to 10-15 cm apart once they are about 10 cm tall.
Order your Wild Carrot seeds today and start enjoying the beauty and ecological benefits of this amazing plant!
5g, 10g, 20g, 50g, 100g, 250g, 500g, 1Kg